Breakfast would be infinitely better if every bite of eggs included bacon.
Well, ladies, let’s make that dream a reality with this recipe for
bacon-wrapped eggs. Simply line a muffin
tin with bacon, add an egg to
each cup and bake. These bites couldn’t be easier–or look more impressive.
Just be sure to serve them with a side
of home fries.
Makes 4 servings (8 baked eggs)
Start to Finish: 45 minutes
16 bacon strips
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with
aluminum foil, then arrange the bacon on it.
2. Bake the bacon until the fat has begun to render and the
strips are partially cooked. Cool until it’s cool enough to
3. In the muffin tin, line the perimeter of one cup with 2
bacon strips. Repeat with the remaining strips of bacon
until you have prepared eight cups.
4. Crack an egg into each bacon-lined cup. Season with salt
and pepper. Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake until
the egg whites are set and the yolks are still jiggly, 10 to
12 minutes. The bacon should be very crispy.
5. Run a paring knife around the edge of each bacon cup to
help release it from the pan. Serve warm.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.