Sub Zero refrigerator condenser fan motor problem
Sub Zero REFRIGERATOR OR FREEZER NOISES
- Fan blade or fan motor not working properly
- Ice build up on the fan inside the freezer
- Obstruction due to over-filling the unit
- Normal operation
Sub Zero refrigerator condenser fan motor – STEPS TO VERIFY ISSUE:
To determine which fan motor may be the source of noise:
- Open both the refrigerator & freezer, or all unit doors – does the noise stop?
- Refer to Condenser Fan Motor Operation for additional information.
- Close the refrigerator section only or upper door on a wine storage unit, does the noise return?
- If so, the noise is related to the refrigerator evaporator fan motor
- Open the refrigerator again and close the freezer section only or drawer on a wine storage unit – does the noise return?
- If so the noise is related to the freezer evaporator fan motor.
- The freezer fan is usually not visible but ice may be.
- Close the doors after testing.
These steps assume a standard refrigerator / freezer combination unit. Steps will need to be adjusted accordingly for all refrigerator, all freezer, or wine storage units.
- See Condenser cleaning instructions, if the condenser has not been cleaned in the last 3 to 6 months.
- In some models it is possible to disable the freezer section to allow a manual defrost in case the drawer or door was left open.
Call us for any Sup Zero refrigeration related problems: (310) 751-0414
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.